It is the employers’ responsibility to guarantee the wellbeing of their personnel. It is necessary to conduct janitorial safety training classes for all the personnel. The first and foremost need of a staff member whenever this individual applies for this specific job will be the proper training that will provide him expertise for his own safety as well as the safety of his fellow workers and other people.
In Excelsior Services Inc, Woodbridge, VA we guarantee that our own workers get the very best training courses to ensure that they become safe as well as unwanted accidents and risks will be prevented. In our effort and hard work to protect all of them, our company is observing all the following
Below are some pointers to be followed in order to avoid a hazardous situation:
• Housekeeping locations may differ, if the janitor understands a company offering maintenance services to various facilities. In this case, janitorial personnel really need to drive through their particular way to provide their expert services. A staff should know how to follow safe driving guidelines to ensure their own health and safety and avoid accidents.
• One of the common duties of the janitorial employee is carrying large equipment. To avoid being injured as well as experience muscle sprains, proper lifting techniques must be used.
• Short rests between work will help in alleviating stress as a result of constant working.
• Workers should help one another while carrying heavy equipment, and avoid carrying the load alone because it may perhaps harmfully damage the body and even lead to injuries.
• Staff will need to have separate shoes for work that have rubber soles for proper grip on the ground.
• Falling or slipping could be avoided by simply putting a warning sign on the wet floors and also ensuring that no one walks on it.
• Cleaning carts help in carrying cargo and cleaning tools from one place to the other.
• Machines such as vacuums and floor machines must be used only if a few people are around. The wires and electrical fittings of these machines needs to be checked daily before use, to avoid electric shocks and other risks due to electricity.
• Workers should use hand gloves and safety glasses for the protection of their hands and eyes. They should as well thoroughly clean their hands and wrists properly before eating; viruses and unsafe chemical substances is avoided to enter their body through food.
• Strong chemicals are used for cleaning. It is necessary to go through the instruction leaflet first before using these chemical substances.
• Garbage bags may contain anything from blood stained needles to very sharp glass pieces. These could hurt the employee when not disposed properly. It is therefore suggested to grasp garbage bags using hand gloves and away from the body.
The likelihood of having any sort of accident is probably the highest among janitorial employees. They do their best to maintain cleanliness all-around. Each individual must be grateful to janitors and a way to say thanks to them would be to guarantee their safety.