It is the employers’ obligation to ensure the wellbeing of their own workers. It is necessary to conduct janitorial safety training sessions for the personnel. The first need of a worker as soon as he applies for this kind of job will be the proper training which will provide him expertise for his own safety as well as the safety of his fellow workers and other individuals.
Here in Excelsior Services Inc, Woodbridge, VA we make sure that our own employees get the very best training to ensure that they become protected as well as unwanted incidents and dangers are avoided. In our effort and hard work to protect all of them, we are observing the following
Below are some pointers to be followed in order to avoid any dangerous situation:
• Cleaning locations will vary, if a janitor is familiar with a company offering cleaning services to numerous facilities. In such a case, janitorial personnel need to drive through their way to provide their services. A worker must learn how to follow safe driving guidelines to ensure their health and safety and avoid auto accidents.
• Among the many common tasks of a janitorial employee would be moving heavy devices. In order to avoid being seriously injured and also have muscle strains, correct lifting procedures should be used.
• Short breaks between work will help in alleviating stress as a result of constant working.
• Workers should support one another when carrying heavy machines, and avoid moving the load all alone because it can harmfully damage the entire body and also lead to injuries.
• Staff will need to have separate shoes for work which have rubberized soles for proper grip on the floor.
• Falling or slipping is avoided simply by placing a warning sign over the wet floors as well as ensuring that nobody walks on it.
• Cleaning carts help in transporting cargo and cleaning equipment from one place to the other.
• Equipment such as vacuums and floor machines should be used only when a few individuals are around. All the wiring and electrical fittings of these equipment should be checked everyday before use, to avoid electric shocks and other hazards caused by electricity.
• Employees should use hand gloves as well as safety glasses for the protection of their own hands and eyes. They should as well thoroughly clean their hands and wrists properly before eating; bacterias and detrimental toxins is avoided to enter their body through foodstuff.
• Strong chemical compounds are used for cleaning. It is very important to go through the instruction leaflet first well before using such toxins.
• Garbage bags might contain anything from blood stained needles to very sharp glass pieces. These may hurt the employee when not disposed properly. It is therefore advised to hold on to garbage bags using hand gloves and also away from the body.
The possibility of having any sort of accident is one of the highest among janitorial personnel. They do their best to maintain cleanliness all around. Each individual must be thankful to janitors and one way to say thank you to them is to guarantee their safety.