It's the employers’ responsibility to guarantee the health and safety of their own employees. It's important to carry out janitorial safety education sessions for all the employees. The first and foremost requirement of a worker whenever this individual applies for this specific work will be the proper training which will provide him expertise regarding his own safety as well as the safety of his colleagues and other individuals.
Here in Excelsior Services Inc, Woodbridge, VA we guarantee that each of our personnel receive the best training so that they become safe and unwanted injuries and risks will be avoided. As part of our effort to protect them, we're monitoring the following
Here are some suggestions to be followed in order to avoid any harmful circumstances:
• Cleaning locations will vary, if a janitor understands a company offering cleaning services to numerous facilities. In such a case, janitorial staff must drive through their particular way to offer their professional services. An employee should know how to follow safe and secure driving guidelines to be sure their own safety and avoid auto accidents.
• One of many common duties of the janitorial worker would be moving heavy machines. To avoid being seriously injured as well as have muscle strains, correct lifting techniques must be used.
• Quick rests between work can help in relieving stress due to constant working.
• Workers must assist one another while lifting heavy machines, and avoid carrying the load alone as it can harmfully affect the whole body and also cause injuries.
• Employees will need to have separate shoes for work which have rubberized soles for proper grip on the ground.
• Falling and slipping could very well be avoided by placing a warning sign on the wet flooring and ensuring that no one walks on it.
• Cleaning carts aid in moving load and cleaning equipment from one place to the other.
• Apparatus such as vacuum cleaners and floor machines must be used only when a few people are around. All of the wiring and electrical fittings of these equipment must be inspected everyday before use, to avoid electric shocks as well as other hazards due to electricity.
• Employees should use hand gloves and safety glasses for the protection of their own hands and eyes. They should also wash their hands and wrists thoroughly well before eating; germs and unsafe chemical substances can be avoided to enter their body through foodstuff.
• Strong chemical substances are used for cleaning. It is vital to check the instruction leaflet first well before using such chemical substances.
• Garbage bags can contain anything from blood stained needles to sharp glass pieces. These could harm the worker if not disposed correctly. It is therefore advised to grasp garbage bags using hand gloves and away from the body.
The possibility of having any sort of accident is one of the highest among janitorial employees. They really do their best in maintaining cleanliness all around. Each person must be thankful to janitors and a way to say thanks to them is to assure their safety.