Here are some quick tips for cleaning your floors from an expert cleaning company:
• Remove Mildew Stains From Tile:Try to remove as much mildew as possible by spraying the area with Clorox Clean and leaving the room for about 5-10 minutes when you return you most of your mildew will be gone. Scrub the grout with a toothbrush where you see mildew. Then scrub all tile down with green scrubbing sponge and squirt persistent mildew with Clorox clean up. Then rinse tile well and terry cloth tile with windex...
• Cleaning Marble:To remove stains, use a marble past wax or tin oxide(available at hardware store) use lemon or any harsh cleaners that can eat into the marble finish. Also can be cleaned with baking soda for stubborn stains. Wipe off with water.
• Cleaning Rusty Tile:Rust stains on tile can be removed with kerosene.
• Cleaning Ceramic Tile:Remove soap scum by sponging with a mixture of 1/2 cup packaged water softener, plus 2 tablespoons rotten stone plus 1 cup hot water; or use a solution of 1-2 tablespoons trisodium phosphate in 1 gallon hot water. Rinse. Remove mildew by cleaning with a dilute solution of chlorine bleach in water, following label directions on bleach. Rinse. Or use a mildew-retardant household spray.
• Wood Floors:Put a piece of waxed paper under your dust mop. Dirt will stick to the mop and the wax will shine your floors.
• Cleaning Vinyl Floors:Mop with a mild detergent and wait awhile to allow it to penetrate the ground-in dirt.